In the off-season, we only charge back a $30 administration fee (or 30% of booking cost, whichever is higher), to the customer for cancellations that are completed a minimum of 72 hours in advance of their arrival date.
We do, however,impliment full charges for anyone who makes a last minute cancellation, (leaving the motel with an empty room that is not open long enough to generate a replacement reservation.)
IF YOU BOOK A ROOM ON OUR WEBSITE, AND THEN DECIDE TO CANCEL YOUR BOOKING, YOU MUST SEND US AN EMAIL INDICATING THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO CANCEL YOUR ROOM RESERVATION, SO THAT THERE IS A RECORD OF THAT CANCELLATION.
IF YOU DECIDE TO CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION, AFTER 2 pm, (LESS THAN 72 HOURS BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED ARRIVAL), YOUR PRE-AUTHORIZED CREDIT CARD WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE COST OF YOUR COMPLETE RESERVATION. (Unless we happen to rent the room to a last minute walk-in).
If the room is rented to a replacement guest, before 9pm on your expected date of arrival, then there will only be an Administration/Cancellation Fee. of $45.00 CAD.
ANYONE WHO MAKES A RESERVATION LESS THAN 72 HOURS BEFORE THE CHECK-IN DATE MUST GUARANTEE THEIR ROOM RESERVATION, SO THAT WE ARE NOT BLOCKING A ROOM THAT COULD BE RENTED TO ANOTHER POTENTIAL CUSTOMER.
THERE IS NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY.
Group reservations are subject to separate cancellation and deposit policies, and may vary from our standard cancellation policies. Please contact us directly to discuss these restrictions.
IF YOU DECIDE TO CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION, PLEASE EMAIL US AT email@example.com
If you decide to cancel at the last minute, regardless of the reason, please do not call the front desk to negotiate a refund.
The front desk personnel are instructed that there will be NO EXCEPTIONS to our cancellation policy (aside from having the customer produce a legitimate death certificate of a close family member).
Front desk personelle are not authorized to negotiate special refund conditions.
If the customer reserves a room and they are a NO SHOW, we reserve the right to charge the customers credit card for the full duration of their reservation (including taxes).
HIGH-SEASON CANCELLATION POLICY
In the high season (Sept 30 - May 30), the St Michaels Inn Rycroft adheres to a strict NO REFUND POLICY, UNLESS THE ROOM IS CANCELLED A MINIMUM OF ONE WEEK IN ADVANCE (TO ENSURE THAT THERE IS TIME FOR ANOTHER GUEST TO FILL THAT PARTICULAR ROOM).
Due to the high demand for rooms near Ryroft, during the busy oil patch season, (combined with the fact that the St Michaels Inn Rycroft has the best prices, per person, for accommodation, within 200 km of anywhere), the high-season cancellation policy dictates that THERE WILL NOT BE ANY REFUNDS GRANTED FOR ROOMS THAT ARE NOT CANCELLED, IN TIME TO BE REFILLED BY ANOTHER GUEST.
Because we have the best prices per head of any place within 200 miles anywhere, this Hotel is 90% fully booked, for the entire high-season, and we can not justify giving refunds to guests who block rooms, and then expect to cancel (last minute), and expect to not have to pay anything.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but we have to protect the integrity and longevity of this business, (contending with a very short busy season).
If you do decide to cancel the room, we will do our best to get another guest into the room, so that you are entitled to a refund, but we can not guarantee that the room will be filled with another guest (especially if the room is cancelled only a week or two before the check-in date), and we will not refund your money until after your scheduled check-out date, (once we have confirmation that another guest actually stayed in the room that you originally reserved).
If we do get another guest into the room, then we only charge back a $30 administration fee (or 30% of booking cost, whichever is higher), to the customer, to cover costs of processing your reservation, costs of processing your cancellation, and banking fees that go along with that process.
A valid credit card is required to secure your reservation. Pre-authorization of your credit card, for the cost of your entire stay, (including taxes), will be required, at the time, of reservation.
****If paying cash, pre-payment for the room stay, (including taxes), plus a $250 damage deposit must be paid, in cash, before your guaranteed room reservation will be accepted****
All remaining incidentals will be paid for at the hotel, at check-out time. If there are any outstanding costs incurred that have not been cleared up at check-out time, then we reserve the right to charge the customer's credit card.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF YOUR STAY
• LIABILITIES: The guest acknowledges joint and several liabilities for all services rendered until full settlement of bills. The guest also agrees that they are personally liable for all charges incurred, and confirm that my responsibility and liability in that regard is not waived or released in any way.
• DAMAGES: Guests will be held responsible for, and required to pay for, any loss or damage to furniture or equipment, provided in the accommodation. We reserve the right to charge the guest for damages, and to charge $100 if the guest did not report the damages.
• LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS: St Michaels INN, Rycroft and/or the management accept no liability and shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of the guest's personal items, and guests remain solely responsible for the safekeeping of any such items.
• ADDITIONAL CHARGES: I acknowledge that I am personally liable for additional charges incurred at St Michaels INN, Rycroft (i.e. mini bar charges, additional charges for extra people staying in the room, etc...)
• KEYS: Lost or failure to return keys will be charged at $50. Lost TV & Cable remotes will also be a charge of $50.00
• NO-SMOKING: Smoking in the rooms carries a penalty charge of $400.00 Violation of this policy may result in an eviction, without refund.
• NOISE LEVELS: NO NOISE AFTER 10pm. Violation of this policy may result in eviction from the property, without refund.
• ITEMS LEFT BEHIND: We can accept no responsibility for items left behind after you have departed.
• WIFI: We offer free NON-SECURE Wi-Fi, for our guests’ use. Use at your own risk.
• PRE-AUTHORIZATION INFORMATION: A pre-authorization form must be filled out by the credit card holder if card holder is not present.
• PETS: WE ALLOW SMALL PETS ONLY. There is a $10 charge per pet. Failure to report your pet during check-in will result in a $50 charge.
• EXTRA PEOPLE IN THE ROOM: All of our rooms have a base price based on 2 adults per queen bed. Any extra adults or children will incur additional charges of $10 per adult and $5 per child per night.
ALL OF OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS HAVE TO BE AGREED UPON, IN WRITING, AND BY SIGNATURE, ON THE REGISTRATION CARD, UPON CHECK IN.